Thursday, March 29, 2012

Suddenly: options!


Right. Ok. So. You know how I said that I thought I would be completely rejected from everywhere I applied? That is only sort of true. And then it became only sort of true TWICE.

I am currently an alternate candidate at University of Washington (the state, not the district), and they are collecting skype usernames and locations so that interviews can happen if their top picks choose to go to other places. I got that email on Tuesday.

And then I got an email from MICA yesterday, and while I had been denied entrance into their graduate program (those letters showed up maybe a week, week and a half ago), they are inviting me to take part in their post-baccalaureate program. Which, if nothing else, tells me that I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay closer than I thought I was when I received the rejection letter.

 Default assumption always being that they hate me and that I insulted their eyes with my terrible work.

This changes the field from denied, denied, unknown, unknown to denied, post-bac, alternate, unknown, which I am super in favor of. Even if that last unknown is now driving me up the wall. What does it meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn?


No comments:

Post a Comment