Thursday, March 15, 2012

The house that's not on the map, Columbia, SC


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I had a hard time finding an angle where the sun wasn't casting my shadow on this one ): 

When I got to Columbia in the first day, I wanted to go north to explore because there were some interesting looking things that I passed on my way to the hotel. The only problem was that, y'know, bikes are not allowed on the freeway. So I took this one road out of the entrance to my hotel that I thought would take me north and under the criss cross of freeways. Instead, what I got was dead ends almost immediately and this broken down...I don't know what it used to be. A series of vacation homes, maybe? It was creepy and lonely and I could probably have happily done a series of paintings just of this place. 

After getting a whole boatload of bug spray, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment