Saturday, March 17, 2012

Northern Georgia, full of hills


You know how I mentioned by knee still being stiff from the crash and that I hoped it would be better by the time that I got to Dahlonega? Well, I got here, my knee works just fine for biking. Buuuuuuut my gear shift not so much.

I have no problem shifting into higher gears, but when I want to shift back down, it'll jump crazy huge amounts. As much as I want to fix the problem myself, here and now, I don't really feel comfortable trying it until I'm on flatter ground. Just in case.

I also had a small freak out when it started raining. Which was surprising. So I think I'm going to invest in some long sleeved biking gear in the near future, because I felt much more secure once I pulled on a sweater (the idea of tearing open my arm again really bothered me for some reason. My leg, not so much. I don't know, I don't know)

Today, despite the general rainniness, I'm gonna go paint this nice little lake that had some bridges over it and pick up a few supplies that I forgot the other day. If you want to eat sandwiches from little bags, you might actually want to purchase some little bags. Protip, that one.

Tomorrow is for slackpacking, the day after is for more painting, and then I'm on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment