Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Good news, everyone!


I've posted about this a few other places, and I was going to wait to do it on here until I had finished the cover for the second print run, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I just couldn't wait.

So, here we have the lineart for the front of it (look at all that delightful blue that I haven't cleaned up yet. mmhmm mmhmmm)


Photobucket

The Adventures of Dirk Turbine: Attack of the Air Squid was written by Leslie Anderson (find her on the internet at either her blog or her webcomic) and is a finalist for the 2011 SPACE prize in the minicomics section. I may have done happy arm waving laps around the house last night. (It is worthy of note that our professor, Ryan Claytor, is also a finalist in the minicomics section. Dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn drama)

In not minicomics news, though, if you go to the webcomics section, you will find Double Clicked Comics, a thing worthy of your attention (though I am biased. Ryan Tackett was in Ryan's first ever comics class at MSU with Leslie and me.)

Boy, that's a lot of links. Moving on. 

Aaaaaand because I have a new scanner, I'm also going to share the final cover of one of my older works. I realized I had never posted the finished version of it and the file doesn't seem to have made it over to the new computer. (it must be on a flash drive somewhere, but I have no idea where)

Photobucket

I also didn't have any versions that weren't, y'know, books, so lovely crease down the middle of it. Even though I'm not the happiest with this particular book (it was my first complete story that wasn't a 24 hr comic and the third book I made) I am really happy with the cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment