Sunday, January 8, 2012

Just in Case

If I can't get in to any of the schools I'm applying to this year, next year I'm going to start my letters of intent this way (and continue on from there):

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that an artist in possession of an undergraduate degree, must be in want of a Master's.
Or possibly this way:

In a studio in a basement there lived a painter. Not a nasty, dirty, wet studio, filled with the ends of brushes and a turpy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, dusty studio with nothing in it to sit down on or to paint: it was a painter's-studio, and that means comfort.

....I hadn't planned on doing this, but I may just grab more books from around the house and do this to them. More later, need to work on some stuff so that I can maybe quiet my brain and grab some sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment