Saturday, April 14, 2012

'We all wear masks' and 'self 04 (fade)'

A couple paintings today! 

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I picked up the first, what? six or so issues of the latest Ultimate Spider-Man. I like Miles Morales a lot and am definitely looking forward to Spider-Men. I spent a lot of time while painting this thinking about Spider-Woman's portrayal in these issues, how no one seems to know who she is and how she's (rightfully) frustrated by that. I don't know how intentional that was, but when held next to Miles' ability to disappear in the literal sense, it makes for some interesting comparisons. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Had some leftover paint and no reflective surfaces, so I painted me like I usually draw me. Yyyyyyep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment