Sunday, February 28, 2010

Two warm up pieces

I've just spent some time updating links to direct people this way, so I thought it would be appropriate to do a post with some art.

This time, some smaller pieces that were actually considered warm up pieces for our first project in painting 2. I consider these more successful than the final, but that's probably because, per square inch, I definitely had more time to work with them.

And also I just like the way paint sits on board more than on canvas.

Warning: abstraction


This is the first piece where I've ever really played with highly textured, loose elements against sharper, graphic ones. Plus, I really forced myself to stick with a blue/orange color palette this time, which made the image look cleaner all around, in my opinion.



I call this one 'Grand Theft Chicken,' because there are chickens in it,but in the collage I was working from I also included characters from grand theft auto. I also wanted to play more with white space, which I will definitely go back to in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment