Thursday, October 18, 2012

two drawings, three paintings, and some text


I bought a sketchbook not from barnes and noble for the first time the other day. Plus some new pencils. This is me, trying things out, and I am super happy with this. Also this one, the first sketchbook with brown paper that has a texture that I'm happy with:


I know that I haven't been talking a lot about my work when upload it recently, and that's for a very good reason: I'm a bit lost with it. It happens to us all, and if you're someone who's just getting into art, be prepared for that. My solution in the past has always been to just keep painting, because I've had a consistent intellectual underpinning to unify my body of work. 

The difference this time has been that my problem is with that intellectual underpinning. I'm not sure what I'm painting about anymore. Drawing doesn't have that same stress. I love them both, but a sketch is, well, it's just a sketch. If it turns out well, then you're double winning. 

Hm...I don't think I'm gonna be able to talk about this coherently without putting up my three latest pieces. Have some more instagram, errybody:








Text is back, baby! 

And then I went to class and completely forgot what I was going to say here. For sure, the concluding remark was going to be something like: 'gotta keep working, will figure it out' which is true so we'll just go straight to that. 



1 comment:

  1. I think you are awesome and I love your work :) I'm excited to see what you produce as you "paint through".

    ReplyDelete