Friday, July 22, 2011

blarghleargle

I swear, this apartment is haunted by the ghost of insomnia past. Or maybe it's the transition from living in a house with three other people and a dog to just me and an exceptionally loud air conditioner.

Either way, can't sleep, so I decided to post a project I quite enjoyed from last semester's gd1 course. But because I did it in sixteen parts, I decided it was also time to learn how to make animated gifs in photoshop. Turns out: not too hard!

Photobucket

Lots of playing with the scanner and lightbulbs and cameras and stuff on this one. We were told to essentially pick our client: who would we most like to work for? And at first I was going to do Vibram (makers of a most excellent project) but anyone who's been in a critique with me these last couple of years knows that I pull most of my ideas from TED.com; I thought it was time to pay them a bit of respect via making stuff.

The main criticism I got from people was that the words are too dark (especially the ones in black) and I agreed then, but looking at them now with fresh eyes I can say that I SUPER agree. If I were to redo it, I'd probably make the smaller text in white or a lighter grey. I'd probably keep the red the same, though.

These were envisioned as a series of print ads of the sort you'd find in magazines, all glossy pages and interesting articles.


No comments:

Post a Comment